This Password troubleshooting guide will help you with the most common problems customers experience when using passwords and LubeWear.com
If you have forgotten your password for LubeWear.com sample results portal fill in this form to get it emailed to you again.
If you have forgotten your password for purchasing on oilanalysislab.com use this link here to reset it.
Note both passwords resets need you to have access to the email address associated with the login. Please wait up to 20 minutes for the email to come through and always check your junk mail folders.
Account suspended LubeWear
This happens when you enter your password incorrectly 3 times or more. Fill in the forgotten password form above which will send your user credentials and within 4 hours we will follow-up with confirmation your account is unlocked again so you can log in again.
Why am I being asked to change my password on certain pages of lubewear.com?
Changing passwords can be a pain we know and although it is best practice to change your password for all sites every 3 months, we realise that in reality very few of us do this. Perhaps your work has a policy on Microsoft windows products that forces you to do this, but we do appreciate the efforts required to do this for all services. Hence we have tried to make a compromise scenario to give you the best security and ease with password changes. The general viewer only access (e.g. where you just pre-reg, download and read reports) will allow you to have continued access even without a password change almost indefinitely. We still recommend you do update your password, but you will not be forced to. However, if you want to access some of the admin type functions such as creating machines, moving machines around i.e. where you are making changes to your equipment information we have some stricter rules on password changes. In general, we require to access these functions you update your password once every 6 months, but if we notice repeated wrong password attempts (less than 3 consecutive wrong attempts as that locks you out) you may be asked to change earlier. If you do update your password, remember to change your save passwords on each of your devices to prevent accidentally being locked out as you used your saved old password.
Change My Password
- Open this page and if you get a “please change your password box”, type in your old and new password you would like to change. If you get to the user preferences page without a request to change your password, click the change password option on the left and update. It needs to be 8 characters and contain at least one capital, 1 letter and 1 number. Once done, close all browser windows and login to the portal area you would do normally with your new password. Make sure you don’t use your saved password in the browser as repeated login attempts can lock you out of your account.
My password is not working…
- The first thing to establish is you are not typing in the password for purchasing (which may be saved in your browser). Unless you have specified to have the same password by default passwords are different for the purchasing and report viewing logins. LubeWear default set passwords usually start with 5 capital letters and 4 numbers unless you have changed it.
- If you have typed a couple types wrongly you may be locked out or be required to change your password first.
- Try login on this page and if you get a “please change your password box”, type in your old and new password you would like to change. If you get to the user preferences page without a message close this window and continue the tutorial your login is working and there is another reason you can’t login to other areas of the LubeWear analysis portal.
- If you made it through to the user preferences page on Step 3, but can’t access other areas of the site such as adding new sampling points try changing your password on this page. Once changed, close all windows and reattempt the place you want to login such as the add new sampling points screen and ensure your old password is not saved and replace it on the add new sampling points screen.
- If you get a message in your inbox saying your account is suspended (from too many incorrect password attempts) fill in the password request form and we will follow-up with an email within 4 hours to confirm your account has been unlocked again.
- If you are still struggling click the contact us button at the bottom right below.